But I wasn't happy with the result, and so I then had one of those light bulb moments! A couple of years ago I did a quick workshop at one of the quilt shows. This workshop was to show you how you could frame a circle with fabric. I have used this technique on a couple of occasions and thought I could make it work for my blocks. Out came the compass again and voila! My drunkards path blocks were born.
I made them a bit bigger than needed so that I could trim down
Once all blocks were done I then the fun bit of choosing a design....and what a choice I had. In the end I had three that I had to choose from
Eventually I settled on this arrangement.
Sandwiched and quilted, I am rather pleased with my little mini quilt. This one will end up in a large quilt at the end of the year, that why it has no binding.
Why don't you head over here and have a look at the talented ladies creations.