Tutorials

Sunday 11 March 2012

First Post

Well today no sewing went on in this house. We have had a wonderful Spring day and I just had to spend some time in the garden.  There is always a lot of tidying up at this time of year, but today Mr D and I spent our time cleaning our drive.  The first couple of hours was spent on our hands and knees cleaning out the moss from the brick joints, and once that was done out came the jet washer.  What fun it is to use the washer.  You certainly have to dress for it, otherwise you are absolutely soaked (well I am).  While we were cleaning the bricks, the little boy J from across the way came to visit.  We haven't met before, but he made himself at home and brought his scraper to help us.  Once we got onto sweeping he went home to collect his very own ash pan and brush, such a cute little boy, I hope we stay friends for a long while.

Although I have not been sewing, I am trying to get a pattern for (think its called) Sunburst Rose pattern, so I have been combing the net and found a pattern, but I can't seem to make it work.  I am going to my sewing group tomorrow, so I am hoping my friends can help me.  You may be able to see by looking here .  I should not be even looking at this, as I do have a few things to finish, but one of my finished minis went in the post on Thursday.  I belong to a flickr group, and we are doing a swap, and this is the mini that I have just sent to my partner.

I hope my partner likes it.

Well, I am now going to sign off to see if this works or if I have to go back to the drawing board.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Love your blog and so look forward to whats to come.So Sew Jo lets go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Jo, a lovely project to compliment your new blog. Looking forward to following your every move!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see a pic of you. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  4. congratulations Jo. Cant wait for sew-alongs and tutorials!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to my mini quilt. The pattern is called" Sunshine Rose Garden." The best way to get it is to buy a copy of the July/August 2007 issue of Quilter's Newsletter (I found my copy on Etsy and have seen others on Ebay.) You can download the foundations at http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/webextras/feature298.pdf but the template to make the largest compass points that go all the way to the centre isn't there -- you need the magazine for that. You could probably draft your own template by using the foundations and copying the shape of piece number 7 and extending the sides all of the way down to the point of the foundation piece. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didnt tell me that thestrips between the colours in newyork beauty were so hard to put in!!!

    ReplyDelete