Tutorials

Saturday 8 June 2013

Doing my own thing!

Yep, I have been doing my own thing this week, altering patterns, making it up as I go along and trying my best to get things to work for me.

You may remember last time I showed you the smocked bauble..... well I have altered the pattern to make it smaller and in my opinion fit better on a Christmas tree... but of course as many of you said it could just hang around all year.



I have also made a crochet / sewing wallet.  This pattern is one of the  Moda Bake shop free patterns and I added a bit of smocking on it.  I think this one will work better for me than the roll type that I tested last time.
Bit of smocking 
I sewed the slots for crochet hooks, but you could just leave that section and have another large pocket.




Lastly, although I love the new phone wallet that I made, I decided I wanted  a pocket for some small change and a few more card holders, so 'making it up as I went' this is my finished phone wallet. 
Bit of fussy cutting to get the bird

Phone, paper money, lots of cards, and some small change
So all in all I was quite pleased with the changes I made this week.

Our gardens are beginning to blossom at last..  my Lilac tree has been a picture.

Such perfect little florets 
 and my Bearded Iris has decided to bloom again this year (remember I waited 6 years for the first flower) and there seems to be a lot more of these ready to burst forward.... just beautiful!
Photos never do justice 

Hope you have had a productive week......





5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! You have been busy!
    What is that fabric on the outside body of the crochet wallet? It almost looks like you glued something on there it's so real looking!:)

    Phone wallet is cute but I would miss a call if I had to get it out of there (I usually don't even hear it ring!)...I just try to make sure there is a pocket in my purse that is the phone's little home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lilac and iris. and of course all your little projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week Jo ,love the new bauble but really like the smocked crochet hook case/sewing wallet. Phone wallet great pity we could not have more hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT LOVELY FLOWERS

    ReplyDelete
  5. lOVE THAT BAUBLE

    ReplyDelete