Tutorials

Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas is coming

My thumb has taken a bit of time to heal, so not much making has been going on in my house.  I did manage to get to the last meetings of our crochet and smocking group.  The smocking ladies have been coming for a while, so I set them a challenge of making a smocked snowman and most of them have a beautiful snowman to hang on their tree.  Unfortunately some of the ladies forgot to bring their's for a photo shoot, so I only have three to show you, but don't they look good?

8 snowmen were made, but only these 3 came for a photo
On Saturday I went to my local quilt shop, not to sew, but to try something different.  Glenny,s was showing us all how to arrange just a few flowers and some greenery into a table decoration for Christmas. We started by making an Angel using a dry seed head from a poppy for the head, a pine cone for her body and skeleton leaves for her wings then sprayed her gold, we then twisted gold or silver wire around some red stick things (can't remember the name of them) then started with the greenery. I am not very good at arranging flowers, just plonk them into a vase and hope for the best, that's me, but I (and the other ladies) had a  lot of fun and took home our creations......
Not bad
We had a trip to Birmingham's German Christmas market, it's beginning to be a bit of a tradition of ours and one of my favourite stalls/displays is this one....



It sells German beer, Gluwein, and hot chocolate.  I had the hot chocolate with Amaretto..... very warming

I have been given a few Christmas gifts, and they are sitting waiting for the big day, BUT there is one that is quite intriguing....what do you think it could be???????  Not really sure you should tell otherwise it will spoil my surprise.

A walking cane perhaps!!!!!!
Not many sleeps now before the man in Red calls so, just in case I don't get around to writing again I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. x x

2 comments:

  1. Warming hot chocolate huh?:) How fun for you to have such a great place to go during the holidays!:)
    Those snowmen are awesome...tell your ladies great job and next project they need to make sure everyone's gets in the photo because your public wants to see them!:)

    Hmmmmm....interesting present..can't wait to find out what it is.
    Merry Christmas to you and Mr. D!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the snowman also the flowers...........what's the project for next Christmas Jo....
    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.(think the present may be a walking stick for the dark )

    ReplyDelete