My sewing machine has also been neglected, but I have managed to get this months Mini Mania Challenge completed, but more about that after they have been shown on Flickr .... End of the month is show time!
In the past I have made quite a few pairs of socks and there's always about 35 gr. of yarn left over and as I hate waste, these bits are kept. "Low and behold"- just the right project came up and this little shawl was born. I did think I had enough yarn to finish the lace edge cast off in one colour, but soon realised I was going to run out - so even the lace cast off is made up of two different scraps. Think it's turned out OK - it's used up scrap, cost me nothing and kept me out of mischief....winner all round I'd say!
I have been dying to knit up some of the yarn that L and I had fun playing with a few weeks ago. We only dyed 50 gr. in each dye lot, so I thought I would make some fingerless mitts as they wouldn't need much yarn. I have chosen two different patterns and soon realised that some patterns just don't show up when knitted with variegated yarn, but who cares when they look like this.
|Little bit of yarn left|
|Can you see my |
After my mistake on the second pair of mitts I did take a break and beaded up a bauble or two. I had a head start, as when I made one a few weeks ago I had made an extra bow tassel - so only two to make this time (usually three bow tassels) I have to say I love making these, but they are a bit fiddly and terrible to photograph. Still did my best.
|Love this pattern|
|Not too shabby|