Tutorials

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Busy doing not much at all

I wonder if it is the sun that has chased away my enthusiasm for sewing but all I have to say is there has not been much of any going on in this house.  I did manage my Mini Mania Challenge for this month, but even that gave me a few headaches ....... I decided to make a few different size plates and to try something new.  I started with the largest plate and sewed three different fabrics together to make a multi coloured plate, but what I didn't realise until I had sewn them altogether was that if you only use three colours the middle blocks will obviously be all the same...bit of a Derrrrrr! moment, still live and learn as they say...


This one measures about 7" from point to point 
back at the sewing machine to make a smaller one, but only two colours this time

each blade was 3" at this stage
now for the fun bit

Points sewn 
got the yellow and green together nicely, but then tried even smaller and goodness knows what happened to them but they certainly didn't make a plate...

Something definitely wrong here 
bit of jiggery pokery and finally got there

don't look too closely at the quilting...I was tired! 

I am still playing with beaded baubles. 

Love making these 

Just a few more...

and finally this should be all about my scarf/wrap.........I must have spent about 4 days knitting a pattern row, then the next row, only to unknit these as something was wrong.  I finally gave up as I always seem to have the correct number of stitches (261 at this point) and just couldn't get the pattern to work...and life's too short!  I'd like to think the pattern was wrong, but I very much doubt that so as a last resort .....

needles out and unpicking begins 
I have often shown you photos of my Tuesday evening country walks, but the evenings are drawing in now and the sunsets are more difficult to capture, but this is what we do half way around - when the evenings are as warm as they have been in the last couple of weeks...

Not quite Champagne flutes, but these will do nicely  
Enjoy the last of the summer sun.




7 comments:

  1. Baubles are very pretty so you have been busy. I have the knitting bug at the moment ....knitting and unpicking,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent two evenings on one row of crochet - unpicked and re did it so many times - must be the summer holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have everyone's productive vibes at the moment! Churning stuff out - but not actually what I want to make !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. louis@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it. For more information visit k2 spice for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are becoming a slacker Mrs ! More sewing and blogging required. But you may have a fabulous holiday first ;)))))

    ReplyDelete