Tutorials

Saturday 31 October 2015

Mini Mania Challenge time

Oh yes, today is last day of the month and our big reveal day for Mini Mania Challenge.  Our October mini had to be Appliquéd, no more than 14" (any shape), have some Orange in it, and remind us of the month of October.  I have to tell you it took me a bit of time to fall in love with this one.  I sat and sulked  thought about it for a couple of days, then started to look through my scrap box.  I have had some leaves left over from this quilt which was made back in 2010 so thought I would try to use them.


but would it be to boring to have Autumn coloured leaves on the tree and appliquéd  on to some fabric.   YES it would, so off I went to look through cyber world after all it  might inspire me.  I found a drawing of a tree that had hearts instead of leaves so that was my plan.

Some big (well about 1")hearts and some tiny ones

My minimal bit of Orange.

Raw edge appliqué 

This was where I began to like it 
 I started to quilt this a couple of times and just didn't like it so unpicked (luckily it didn't leave stitch marks) so I just trailed some leaf shapes around the tree. Unfortunately the quilting doesn't show up on the photo, in fact it just looks a mess, but up close and personal it's not too shabby.

This will end up as a cushion
If you want to see all the others pop over here.

Wonder what next month will bring!!

1 comment: