Tutorials

Sunday 15 September 2013

On a Mission

I sent off my parcel to my swap partner during the week, so I hope its not long before I can show and tell what I made along with some of the trials and tribulations that I came across while making it.

I have been playing with crochet again and while I was looking for something completely different I found a box of crochet cotton that I brought back from South Africa.  This box has been stored in one of my under bed boxes, and I have to admit I didn't even know it was there, let alone contain so many balls of cotton so what should I do with it???? I try to get some things together for a crochet group that I head up and someone had mentioned crochet edgings so that was the start for my cottons.  I found on pinterest this and it was said to only take about 30 mins to complete a guest towel so that seemed good enough for me and off I went.  I started with a No 5 crochet cotton, and a 3/8th " gap between stitches.  I felt it was too thick for my towel, and it's also too close, so my second attempt was with a No 8 thread and still the 3/8" spacing and I like that much better.  I will keep both as examples of what I like and what I don't....you can make up your own mind


Much prefer the flatter look.

I then decided to try out a pattern on a pillow case, so off to the shops to buy some brand new pillowcases.... beware they are not finished off as nicely as you and I would want, but I wanted to start there and then - so beggars can't be choosers...... I once again have used the No 5 cotton because I have a lot more of that than white No 8, so I made the spacing 1/2" and although it looks O.K. I think it is still a bit bulky....so I might just have to finish and use them for my spare bedroom and start again for my bed.

Should have ironed it before the photo shoot :)

I am on another mission, in fact its a secret mission so I can't really tell you anything about it but I will just give you a few glimpses of what I am up to and you can use your imagination as to what they will become...how about that?

This is just the beginning
I have also had a play at some more embroidery ...... no Angie - this is not for the Cathedral Window blocks!

Should do more of this before my eyes go completely 

Some of you may know that I have a love hate relationship with EQ (Electric Quilt) but today I love it as I recreated this block.......I had seen the block before but couldn't find it in cyber world so had to get my brain in gear and draw it up .......

YEAH!!! it works and I love it


Last but not least I am making some blocks ........ I would love to tell you what these are going to be, but if I did I think I would have to kill you as these are top secret ..... wonder how long I will be able to keep them secret?

More in the Hexigon world 

Half square triangles in the making 

We are off tomorrow to visit Chester and then onto Liverpool, so hopefully next time I will have some sites to show you .....that's if the rain keeps off.  

Happy sewing.



2 comments:

  1. Blimey, Jo, everything you do (even the stuff you're not 100% happy with) is always so neat and even and just gorgeous! I love the crochet trim in particular. I'll need to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my mitts Jo but want to have a go at your pretty trims,guest towels pillow cases or perhaps hanks.what lovely work and ideas you have.Take you umbrella with you and your camera so we can see lots of photo's

    ReplyDelete